Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sometimes you do go got to come correct and bring it wit’ da jugo, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Going green
China is going green for green week. In Beijing, everybody took a deep breath of the air pollution and then turned green.

Prom time
It’s prom season again. High school guys are all scrambling to get a date with that girl who is a sure thing, or as they call them now, their teacher.

Good news, bad news
It’s prom season again. My prom memories are bitter sweet. On the bright side, I got to go to prom with one of the cutest girls in school. On the other hand, she took off with the Prom King and I went home with the girl with the head gear and corrective shoes.

It’s prom season again. My prom memories are bitter sweet. My date was really cute, but it didn’t work out. Let’s just say I got a thirty-year head start on that study that says masturbation fights off prostate cancer.

Good on yah, Mate
An Australian study reveals masturbating helps prevent prostate cancer. Thank you Australia, this brings new meaning to going down under.

Ironic
Wesley Snipes is getting three years in jail for tax evasion; how ironic. Snipes was just getting ready to star as OJ Simpson in the movie about his murder trial; “Finally A Brother Goes Free.”

One follows the other
Last week was National Karaoke week, which makes this week “Anyone who sings “Feelings” again will be shot” week.


Since you asked:

For reasons of which I will spare you the details, I was reminded of a story about Ann Caroline. About three years ago when she was just starting to play soccer, Ann Caroline was excited about all the new stuff she was learning.

When I came back from a Saturday morning run and was stretching on the floor, she plopped down with me and started showing me all the new stretches she knew:

“Do this one, Daddy, it stretches your quads.”

As we were stretching on the ground I started thinking out loud about the barbeque dinner party we were having that night;

“OK, I have to shell and de-vein the shrimp and marinate it, and get the rib-eye steaks at Jimbos . . “
Suddenly I panicked thinking that I was out of propane for the gas grill, but just as suddenly, I remembered I had another full tank ready to go, so, quite relieved, I said;

“Oh, that’s right, I do have gas.”

Just then, Ann Caroline popped up and dropped to her knees and elbows with her butt sticking up in the air.

“What stretch is that for?” I asked.

“Mommy said to do this if you’ve got gas.”