Saturday, July 23, 2005

These just in:

It has been hot in California. It is so hot, people in Sacramento are hanging around Arnold Schwarzenegger just to feel his popularity cooling off.

The San Diego Padres have gone 0-4 on their road trip ever since San Diego Union Tribune sent a writer/ photographer, Sean M. Haffey to cover their life on the road. To quote Russell Crowe’s Captain Jack Aubry in “Master and Commander,” the men can abide a lot, they cannot abide a Jonah. It is clear what has to be done: Haffey needs to grab a cannonball and jump in the ocean.


It has been hot. I’ve been sweating like Jude Law and his Nanny used to during baby’s nap time.


Saturday Morning Caffeine Fueled Rant;

Sure, many readers dial up this here a.L.b.b. up for grins and giggles and, for the most part, I am happy to play the fool. But sometimes I get tired of being the proverbial dancing bear. Sometimes I’ve got things I’d like to get off my chest. I’ve got opinions. Sure, not everyone is going to agree with them, but that’s fine. If someone chooses to be offended, well too bad. Here goes:

I like grilled red bell peppers.

There it is. I said it. It’s out there. I stand by that.

Grilled them peppers for an awesome antipasto – what it has against pasto I don’t know (in my best Groucho) - side dish of grilled peppers, grilled asparagus and grilled zucchini, served with my olive oil, wine, lemon juice and garlic marinated pork loin. A little rice pilaf, and Bob is your frickin’ Uncle.

THEN, this morgan, I took the leftover grilled peppers and put them in my Feta cheese scrambled eggs. Topped with a little salsa and, boom, Bob is, again, your Frickin’ Uncle.

Today? TiVo’d “Tour de France” time trial stage. Run, lift. Haircut. And tonight our band is playing at a block party in Point Loma on Adair street around 7:00 pm. Should be fun, friends picnicking, daughter up on stage with one of those egg shaker thingies.

Again, if I offended you with that bold grilled red pepper statement, I am sorry.