Monday, August 16, 2010


Nice right, dudermiester


We tighter than a writer in an all-nighter , Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers


“Eat, Pray, Love” with Julia Roberts opens this weekend.” Don’t worry, guys, they’re coming out with a male version of “Eat, Pray, Love” it’s called “Chomp, Beg, Hump.”

Dustin Johnson missed a shot at winning the PGA because of a two-shot penalty for grounding his club in a questionable bunker on the last hole. Now, I don’t want to imply PGA officials are stodgy and pedantic, but the PGA makes the IRS look like a biker gang.

Dustin Johnson missed a shot at winning the PGA because of a two-shot penalty for grounding his club in a questionable bunker on the last hole. That’s the most severe penalty for sticking your club where it didn’t belong since, well, Tiger’s divorce settlement.

Tiger Woods is playing better at the PGA Championship. And after his round he was even able to get the phone number of his Hooter cocktail waitress, so he’s on a comeback.

The FDA has approved a new drug to stop premature ejaculation. “That is so great,” said one sufferer, “I can’t wait to, uh, uh, ooohhhhh . . . excuse me.”

The stock market was down big yesterday. The market was down so much, at one point a broker at the New York Stock Exchange swore over the intercom, grabbed two beers and slid out the emergency slide.

First the jetBlue flight attendant slid out the emergency slide after fighting with a unruly passenger. Today, President Barack Obama invited both the jetBlue flight attendant and the unruly passenger to the White House for a beer.

“Eat, Pray, Love” with Julia Roberts opens this weekend.” Don’t worry, guys, they’re coming out with a male version of “Eat, Pray, Love” it’s called; “Swig, Fart, Giggle.”


The jury in the Rod Blogojevich corruption trial continues to be dead locked. Insiders say some of the jurors appear to be dazzled and intimidated by Blogo’s hair. “It’s one thing to see that hair in the news” said an anonymous trial witness, “But when you see that tidal wave of brown curly locks right in front of you, why it’s, it’s mesmerizing.”

Since you asked:
Got my new Weber grill for my birfyday yesterdiddy. (That’s right, I turned forty-twelve) It is a handsome brick-red bowl with wheels, two trey tables attached and a fancy charcoal ash disposal pot. It also has a thermometer. It takes longer to light and grill than my gas grill, but the nice subtle smoke flavor from mesquite wood makes steaks taste steakier, chicken more chickeny, and it somehow makes fish taste fresher.

Tonicht? Ribs, y’all. Baby backers brine- marinated in apple juice and sea salt, then rubbed with Old Bay, garlic powder, cumin, pepper and salt, steam/baked with beer in the oven for four hours then finished on the grill with mesquite and some hickory chips. At the end, slathered with my peach marmalade and onion barbeque sauce. Salad and beans. Then Padres and the Cubs.

Woooooot! What? Wooooot.

Lex’s take on aging:

A few things. First, I never cooked and grilled well or played harmonica in a band until I was in my forties. I never surfed on just a surf board until I was 50 and now I am surfing pretty damn well, if I do say so my own bad self. Yesterday, I threw a football around as well as I could over ten years ago. And I have most/all of my hair and none of it is grey . . . yet.

The bad news? When I was in high school it took a 200-pound linebacker with a really bad attitude to bring me down. Today, I tripped on a pillow in my daughter’s bedroom and very nearly did a face plant.

The other day I saw a guy walking and I thought, oh, that poor guy was burned in a fire. Upon closer examination I saw, no, he was just old. How crappy is getting old when it can make a person look like he was in a horrible fire?