Thursday, April 15, 2004

What is, what it was, what it shall be, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers


What a scam
*A study claims that teenage lesbians have a higher chance of smoking. Another study reveals that guys who do studies would rather study teenage lesbians than anything else in the world.

Who pulled off this scam? "Uh, yeah, professor, I'd like to study teenage lesbians. I'll need a computer, an Internet connection and lots and lots of Kleenex.

*A Rueters story's headline read; "Scientists find potential easy path to erections." Yeah, and it's by studying teenage lesbians.

The Tax Man
*Who finished their adult math homework? Who finished their taxes? I might be in trouble, now that I think of it. I tried to claim my gas tank as a dependent.

This could work
*The first two people have been arrested under a new California law for illegally recording films in theaters for video taping "The Alamo" and "The Passion of the Christ." They are going to try and get off by pleading insanity. It could work, they also recorded "Gigli."

What was he thinking?
*The guy who caught Barry Bonds historic 660th home run from his Kayak in McCovey cove, Larry Ellison, gave the ball to Bonds for free. That's only fair, it's not like Bonds is getting paid or anything. Bonds is playing for free, right?

Don't worry, the guy is getting something for the Barry Bonds 660th home run ball. He gets a Balco certificate for free steroids for life.

The guy gave the 660 homer ball to Bonds for free? Man, if that was me, not only would I have demanded money, I would have done it in the same annoying way as the players: "It's not about the money, it's about respect. It's about taking care of my family."

It's not TV, it's HB Oh my
*Have any of you seen HBO's western "Deadwood"? It's pretty good, but I gotta warn you, there is so much graphic violence and swearing, it makes "The Sopranos" look like "The Brady Bunch."

If the FCC's Mike Powell ever saw "Deadwood" he'd end up in a straight jacket curled up in the fetus position in a padded cell.

There is a character in "Deadwood," Al Swerengen, who is so evil, so dastardly, he makes Snidely Whiplash look like Winnie the Pooh.

Until "Deadwood" I thought; "He died and the pigs ate him" was just a colloquialism.