Saturday, August 24, 2002


Beautiful day here, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers. We even have a hint of Fall in the air.

Reports from the Little League World Series indicate that trash-talking, showing up opponents and generally horrible sportsmanship is at it’s all time worse. That is atrocious. There is simply no excuse for intentionally teasing or mocking athletes unless you’re writing sports jokes.

For the life of me, I cannot figure out which side is right in the baseball negotiations, the players or the owners. It’s like when the Internal Revenue Service goes after crooked politicians. Where are the good guys?

Adelina Domingues, who was recognized as the oldest living American, has died at the age of 114. Adelina was 18 when she married Jose Domingues, a whaling captain. And guess what? The Rolling Stones played at her wedding.

It looks like airport security will finally stop asking those stupid questions like “Did anyone else pack your bag?” These were important question to ask because everyone knows a terrorist with a bomb would never ever lie.I am pretty sure anyone traveling who had their bagged packed by someone else probably also has a note from their mother pinned to their shirt. Whenever the airline folks would ask if anyone else packed my bag, I felt like saying;

"No, but if you know anyone who would pack my bag for me, would you have them give me a call?"

Those airport security types are known for being able to take a joke.