Friday, June 25, 2010

What?


True dat, true dat, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

How about that 1-0 win over Algeria for the US soccer team to advance in the World Cup? It was a great last minute win, but for 91 minutes it felt like getting kicked in the vuvuzelas.

A Florida man was run over by his own truck when his dog knocked it into gear. The man is reportedly in pain but OK, the dog is reportedly laughing his ass off.

Sarah Palin said she tried marijuana, but she did not like it. The good part is that, when she tried marijuana, she could see a Popeyes fried chicken from her house.

In the World Cup, Italy and France, lost and are out, but the US, England, Germany and Japan continue to fight. Why does this sound so familiar?

How about that 1-0 win over Algeria for the US soccer team to advance in the World Cup? Now I don’t want to say US sports fans aren’t soccer savvy, but in bars all over the United States you could hear guys yelling: “Pick up the damn ball and run. Stop kicking it and pick it up.”

In the World Cup, Italy and France, failed to advance to the round of 16. Seriously, I hate to rub it in, but that’s like an American not making it to the finals of a hot dog eating contest.

At the World Cup, the US plays Ghana on Saturday in the round of 16. It is going to be so exciting even the referees can’t wait to disallow a US goal.


Worst pick up lines at the World Cup:
How would you like to blow my vuvuzela?

You know, I am allowed to use my hands.

How about instead of heading the ball . . .

You know, for a British chick, your teeth aren’t all that bad.

Why yes that is a vuvuzela in my pants, but I am also glad to see you.

Unlike France and Italy, I can last into the next round.


Since you asked:

So's yah knows down to yah toes:

There are key items a man must own to be a true California dude:

Great jeans.

Great flip flops.

Awesome pair of sunglasses.

Cool Hawaiian shirt.

Gnarly surf board.

Speaking of surfboard, I am going to get all Argentine on my own ass this weekend: surfing, slow smoke grilling of meat, working out, drinking lots of red wine and watching lots of soccer. Oh, wait, I forgot, I am working on a "project" all weekend. (Sigh) Well, the wine and grilling parts still apply.

Boo yah right to yah.