Thursday, January 21, 2010

San Diego pre-Noah flood


It is downright monsooning on our tuchus, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers


It’s so cold, Tiger Woods slept with Paris Hilton just to feel the burning sensation when he peed.


Toyota has announced they’re coming out with a smaller, less powerful Prius. Or as we used to call that: a Go Cart.

Things are so messed up at NBC it is starting to upset Carson Daly’s viewers; all ten of them.


Sources say NBC is going to pay Conan O’Brien $45 million not staying with NBC; which prompted tens of millions of television viewers to cry; “Hey, where’s my money for not staying with NBC?”

Man, we had a lot of rain. Women in Beverly Hills were rushing to their cosmetic surgeons to have their water-soaked pruney wrinkles injected with Botox.

Since you asked:
To be candid, I do not get all the hostility aimed at Jay Leno. Yes, due to the fact the man has been sending me checks – albeit small ones - for years and he and his awesome assistant, L.N.M., have been incredibly gracious and nice to me, I may be biased.

But why can’t people remember Conan O’Brien – of whom I am also a huge fan – was the one that initially forced Jay out? O’Brien gave NBC an ultimatum of getting “The Tonight Show” or leaving and NBC lamely stalled for four years.

Don’t forget O’Brien’s “Tonight Show” did not get good ratings before “The Jay Leno Show.” Personally, I think Conan was too smart not to eventually turn the ratings around if given more time.

So, as of September, there will be three 11:30 talk shows. Will that work? I think so. But I am the idiot that thought Jay at 10:00 would work. (I still think it would have worked if given more time) Apparently DVR’s and Tivo have not factored as much as I thought they would, but three talk shows can thrive. Competition makes for better programming.