Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Getting’ her done on the run under the gun, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Uh, yuck
Michael Jackson auctioned the diamond encrusted white glove he wore in “Thriller.” Call me crazy, but my rule is never buy a garment from Michael Jackson that features the word encrusted.

That would be it
The most popular baby boy names in 2008 were Aiden, Logan and Caden. The least popular baby boy name in 2008? Osama OJ Blagojevich.

Oh, that’s nice
The bad news for Ill. Gov. Rod Blagojevich is that his impeachment process has begun, the good news is that Blagojevich’s hair landed a job with a Beatles Tribute band.

That would be it, 2
During her contentious divorce from Guy Ritchie, Madonna referred to Ritchie as “an emotional retard.” You know what the medical term is for someone who is emotionally retarded? A man.

During Guy Ritchie’s nasty divorce from Madonna, she referred to Ritchie as “an emotional retard.” As opposed to that deep well of sensitivity known as Alex Rodriguez who cheated on his foul-mouthed diva golddigger wife with every stripper in New York City.

Festive
Everyone is getting into the Christmas spirit. In Chicago they put holiday lights on that thing on Blagojevich’s head.

Everyone is getting into the holiday spirit. Today a reporter threw his ice skates at President Bush.

That would be about right
The world’s oldest title now belongs to Maria de Jesus from Portugal who is 115. When asked what she thought of having the title world’s oldest person, Maria said; “Oh, I am so screwed.”

Her last name, de Jesus means With Jesus, which is pretty much where she’ll be in a few months.

Duh
News programs brought in cultural experts who reported that throwing a shoe at someone is considered an insult in the Muslim world. Really? As opposed to those cultures where throwing a dirty smelly shoe at someone’s head is considered good luck? “Hey, Bob, I’m going for that big promotion, throw your Florsheims at my face.”

Sheesh
Rod Blagojevich is fighting his impeachment. This is a guy caught on tape by the FBI trying to sell a US Senate seat to the highest bidder. And politicians actually wonder why we think they’re idiotic sleaze-balls?

Is it just me, or does this Blagojevich dope look like the shift manager at Applebee’s who asks; “And how are your onion rings today?”

Since you asked:

Saw the Tom Cruise on “Dave” and I gotta say, for a diminutive, egomaniacal whacked-out over-controlling nut-job movie star, he seems like a pretty good guy. But is he or isn’t he? The dude was still wrestling other dudes intentionally all through high school.

Or as Robert Downey Jr.’s awesome character on “Tropical Thunder” might have said it;

“He’s the dude wrestlin’ the dude who likes to wrestle with dudes.”

Enough said.

Three movies I am going to go out and see in the theaters this holiday: “Cadillac Records” and “Valkyrie” and “Marley and Me.”

As Dave said last night, I hate to blow my own horn, but I would if I could – no, actually, I wouldn’t – but man, oh, man did I outdo myself on the grill and in the kitchen last nicht, rain be damned.

Got some really nice looking pieces of Mahi Mahi, and rubbed them with garlic powder Old Bay seasoning and pepper. Grilled them real hot on the searing burners for just about two and half minutes a side. Enough for the grill marks but it was still under done in the middle.

Before and while grilling I had a white wine and chicken broth, butter and capers with garlic reduction sauce on the stove while the chicken broth and rice were cooking in the rice cooker. Threw in the fish and asparagus in the sauce for the last ten minutes.

Served the Mahi and asparagus over rice pilaf with the sauce and Bob is your Uncle, Slats and Nugs, Bob is your freakin’ mofizzy Uncle. It’s a Spanish recipe I got from none other than Diego Voodshchteps after his last trip to Spain. Props goin’ all out to the Woodman.

And yes, I know what you’re going to say about the asparagus, but let’s take the high road for a change, OK S’s and N’s?

The only problem is that, like the adolescent knucklehead I still am in my head, I kept saying, while cooking; “What does an Italian hunter say when he didn’t shoot the goose?”

“I spare a goose” (Asparagus) over and over until even Ann Caroline told me to knock it off.

(Polite applause)