Thursday, January 10, 2008

Staying real with the deal until we peel, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

One more try
A 42-year-old Houston teacher, Shannon Kay Hrozek, was arrested for sexually assaulting her 16-year-old male student. Allegedly she gave him oral sex. When I was in high school the only thing the teachers gave me was home work.

Flip and flop
John Kerry is going to endorse Barrack Obama; wait, now he is going to endorse John Edwards. Oh, hang on, now he is going to endorse Hillary Clinton. No, he is back to Barack Obama.

He does kinda
Britney Spears’s relatives claim Dr. Phil went public on their hospital visit to exploit her break-down to promote his show. That is not what a real doctor would do, but is Dr. Phil a real doctor? He looks more like the shift manager at Applebees.


Britney Spears’s relatives claim Dr. Phil went public on their hospital visit to exploit her break-down to promote his show. I guess the prediction for 2008 is true: stupid is the new smart.


Yikes
TMZ reported that Pamela Anderson is pregnant and getting a divorce from Rick Salomon; they got married in October. The baby would be due in seven months, or as Pamela calls that: three more husbands.

Not good
A Danish study reveals that combining exercise and moderate alcohol consumption can increase your longevity; unless the alcohol is Tequila shots and the exercise is rock climbing.

Oh, that’s nice
Taylor Hicks has been dumped from his record label. The good news? He picked up some more shifts at Starbucks.

Rough time
The U.S. dropped 38 bombs on al-Qaeda safe havens in Iraq. This is a real setback for al-Qaeda. Now they are going to have to rename all of them Not-so-safe not-so-havens.


Since you asked:
As I am now privy to new information, I would like to explain my playoff predictions. The only one I got wrong was the Giants win over Tampa Bay. My predictions were based on momentum going into the playoffs and the Giants lost – although it was a good game – to the Patriots. What I have to admit that what I did not know is that Gruden rested his Tampa starters FOR TWO WEEKS.


You don’t get any less momentum than that. If I had known that, I would have gone with the Giants, even though I still don’t think they’re that good, Eli did show us some stuff. Good job, Jimmy Christ. (Jesus had a brother named James)

This weekend? I am going to go with the Colts over the Chargers even though I want the Bolts to win. (Take the Chargers and the nine points) Seattle will beat the Pack in a close one - my only upset- with a Favre hail Mary interception, 'Boys beat the Giants -although you probably want to take the G'ints and them tasty 7.5 points - and, in the early Super Bowl, the P-Riots trounce the Jags. And I mean trounce as in pounce as in not giving an ounce and making them bounce when it counts.


Sabes capice?

Drop a line and let me know what you think of the new UCSB inspired format?

lexkase@san.rr.com