Thursday, April 19, 2007

Since you asked:

We, all the good people here at A.l.B.b., are always looking for new ideas. This is a little something new we like to call:

Lex Gets the Lyrics Wrong

How we play is that Lex will write how he sings the lyric and then we will put the correct lyric in. Ready?


Lex’s lyric Elton’s “Rocketman”:

“Rocketman, spurning those who appear to’ve won”

The real lyric:

“Rocketman, burning out the fuse up here alone”

Lex’s “What is and What Should Never Be” Led Zep Lyric:

“Everybody I know seems an adobe well but never gun down a doe and go to hell

The real lyrics:

“Everybody I know seems to know me well but they're never gonna know that I move like hell”

Lex’s Stones’ “Tumblin’ Dice” lyric:

“Say now baby, I’m the raconteur, you can be my part of the time”

The real lyrics:

“Say now baby, I'm the rank outsider, you can be my partner in crime”

Lex’s the Boss’s “Born to Run” Lyrics:

“Be on the phallus of heavy hour ones seen on the bull of hard” (I have no idea what this means but it sure sounds dirty)

The real lyrics:

“Beyond the palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard”

Lex’s Stones “Honky Tonk Woman” lyrics:

“I later did devour a sea in New York City, I had to put out some time of her height”

The real lyric:

“I laid a divorcee in New York City, I had to put up some kind of a fight.”


(Polite applause)