Monday, January 22, 2007

It is hard out here

Dah Bearssssssssss, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

The Chicago Bears will face the Indianapolis Colts in Super Bowl 41. Experts are saying this is the best Chicago Bear team ever that hasn’t made a truly awful rap video.


The match up between the Chicago Bears and the Indianapolis Colts in the Super Bowl is historic, not just in the 41-years the it has been played, but in the history of all professional team sports, never in baseball, hockey, basketball, or football have there ever been two coaches named Tony and Lovie.

From Janice Hough
How about that Indianapolis comeback against the New England Patriots? I knew it wasn’t a good idea when President Bush called Brian Belichick at half time and proclaimed mission accomplished.


It has been 21 years since the Chicago Bears have won the Super Bowl. Upon hearing about the Bears 21 years since a championship, the Chicago Cubs said; “21 years? That’s adorable.”


Just in time for the Super Bowl, Sharp Electronics has produced a 108 inch LCD TV. It’s called the “How Small Is Your Weiner, Dude?” TV.


Atlanta Falcon QB Michael Vick was charged when airport security at Miami confiscated a water bottle that smelled like marijuana and contained a substance in a hidden compartment. The good news is that this incident has inspired a folk song sung to the tune of "Michael Row Your Boat Ashore";

“Michael throw your weed away at the airport, Michael throw your weed away at the airport.”

An Illinois man set the world record for riding a stationary bike for 85 hours. He expended so much effort without moving so much as an inch forward that today he was named the offensive coordinator of the Oakland Raiders.

Since you asked:

I got hosed by my DVR. It was bad enough back when my TiVo thought I was gay from recording "Will and Grace" after the Cubs games to catch extra innings and all the cooking shows, so it constantly suggested "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and shows on decorating, but at least the TiVo didn't try anything funny.

How did I get screwed by my DVR? Well, it didn't really, it is working great. What happened was that I taped the Pats-Colts game planning to watch it after taking a break after the awesome Bears win, which I saw live. So around Six, my wife informs me she and our daughter ate while out shopping and I was on my own for dinner. So I go out, get something to go, have a couple drinks and I see that it is half time and the score is 21-6. Damn, I thought, with Tom Brady and the Colts defense, this thing is over.

So I get home putter around, have a glass of wine, and around eight o'clock, I say to myself, ah screw it, I am going to watch the game from the beggining. Who cares if New England is blowing them out?

I make it to the halftime show, which by now it is about 10:30, and I fall asleep. (Wine + hard work out that morning - any naps = asleep by 10:30)

When I woke up this morning at 6:00 am I realize I didn't see the rest of the game, so when I grab the paper to see if New England scored anymore, I almost passed out. How did I miss all of that?

The DVR screwed me.