Friday, January 09, 2004

We didn’t get tapped by the stupid stick, we ran through the stupid forest and smacked every damn tree, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers

Well, it’s something anyway
*In Cleveland, Elecia Battle, who claimed she was the true winner of last week's $162 million lottery jackpot, made a tearful, public apology without saying her story about losing the winning ticket was a lie. She did, however, admit she bet on baseball.

Talk about a let down
*Man, was I disappointed when I saw an episode of “Celebrity Mole.” It didn’t have anything to do with Cindy Crawford.

I’ll take that big caterpillar-looking thing for one hundred, Alex
And the answer is “Celebrity Mole.” The question is: name a feature of Aaron Neville’s face that has more talent than the cast of “Celebrity Mole.”

I give up
*Should Pete Rose be inducted to the Hall of Fame or not? The answer is yes. Or no. I don’t care as long as I don’t ever have to hear about Pete Rose and the Hall of Fame ever again.

Missed it by that much
*Where was this whole girls-kissing-girls chic lesbian thing when I was single? When I was growing up the closest thing we had to lesbians kissing was Sonny and Cher.

Since you asked:

In the words of the great Sir Mick:

"What a mess this town's in tatters I've been shattered
My brain's been battered, splattered all over Manhattan"

Can I get a Shadoobie one time, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers? Amen.