Saturday, June 29, 2019


View outside my apartment tonight. NTS. Not too shabby. (Just saw "Cedar Rapids")



There I was, minding my own bidness, walking Wally across the apartment parking lot when a tall blonde woman walks in front of us with her groceries. 

Her legs were so freakishly long,  I could not stop staring like a 7th grader with pitching a circus in his pants. My brain turned into a hard-boiled, LA detective paperback:

“Something told me this dame was trouble. Her gams went from here-to-there and back again. Real getaway sticks, see?”

Just then, I hear a car door slam and I see her husband/boyfriend get out of the car. He is clearly a military officer and he has a knowing smile on his face. 

As he walks passed me, I have no choice but to say, 

“Busted.” He says, 

“Totally.” 





*****


Still getting feedback on my piece on here years ago connecting Charles Manson with the 1968 LA music scene. Good and bad.

How is this? Phil Kaufman was Graham Parson’s manager, Parsons being the guy who taught Eric Clapton, Keith Richards, Led Zeppelin and Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young about country music.

Kaufman taught Charles Manson how to play guitar in prison.


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Kaufman_(producer)