Sunday, September 24, 2017

The entire Pittsburgh Steeler team sat out the National Anthem. As opposed to the Cleveland Browns, who were there for the anthem and sat out the game.


****
Kylie Jenner is pregnant. Today Kylie endured the exhaustive process of interviewing the people who will hire her team of nannies.

Kylie Jenner is pregnant. “E” is launching a new show, “Keeping Up with the Sonograms.” 

Kris Jenner is shopping agents for the fetus. In 7 months, Kylie will have to look up the word Labor.


****
In Colo, a woman jogger dubbed “The Mad Pooper” who has been terrorizing a neighborhood by defecating on lawns. She could be arrested for indecent behavior. On the bright side, she is next in line as the White House Communications Director.


****
With all the NFL players ramping up their anthem protests this week, it made me wonder what outspoken Oakland Raider, Marshawn Lynch, was going to do? Possibly recreate the death scene from “Carmen”? 


****
The Denver Broncos are 2-1 under QB, Trevor Siemian. Siemian is from that quarterback factory, Northwestern. The best quarterback from Northwestern before Siemian was the Jugs ball machine.

Prior to Siemian, the greatest QB from Northwestern was Otto Graham who played in 1945. For Northwestern students, that was before the cell phone was in use.

Since you asked:

As a die-hard Cubs fan, I grew up genuinely disliking the New York Mets. When I was but a wee child, the Cubs lost to the Mets in 1969 after leading the entire season, there was some jerk at Mets games who had a sign with stencils and he personified what rude jerks Mets fans were.

But all that changed when I moved to New York City in 1983. After seeing Mets fans up close in their natural habitat, I realized I did not dislike Mets fans. 

I despised Mets fans. 

When I made a new-to-New York rookie mistake and wore a Cubs hat to a Mets game, cowards threw beer at me when my back was turned. There were too much of pussies to do it to my face.

Take Chris Christie and merge him with Artie Lange, and that is the consummate Mets fan to me. Loud, obnoxious, sweaty, smelly and raspy heavy breathers with foul breath.

The vilest human being I have ever known was a Wall Street bond trader client of mine who had a face like Godzilla, drank like Rasputin, swore like a satanic pirate and loudly lusted after and accosted all semi-attractive females within sight. 

And she was a die-hard Mets fan named Maureen. 






(Not her real name, but real close)