Thursday, March 26, 2015

Where have all the Husker Du's and Hobastank's gone, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers? 



A report says the US faces a drastic shortage of doctors. “I’ll volunteer to examine women,” said Dr. Bill Cosby.


In their first performance since Zayn Malik quit the band, One Direction member, Harry Styles, stopped singing to sob on stage. Well that should end all the gay rumors.


The food giants Heinz and Kraft are merging. We don’t know what the Kraft/Heinz merger will be called. We do know it is better than if Kraft merged with Panera, that would make Krapanera.


A Chicago Cubs pitcher missed his spring training start when he drove to the wrong stadium. It was really embarrassing because he showed up at a tennis stadium.


Zayn Malik, has quit the band One Direction. They might want to replace him with Kanye West. West could give them a whole new direction.


A new article claims Millennials have horrible communications skills. Asked to comment, one Millennial said; “OMG, I’m like all totes whatevs.”


In the January game between Florida and East Carolina, Florida running back, Adam Lane, pooped his pants. Now Lane says the resultant publicity has helped his career. If pooping your pants helps your career, the New York Jets could be in for a good season.



Since you asked:

Although I have won my share of NCAA pools – my “secret” is, when in doubt, always go with the coach with the best NCAA record – nonetheless, I don’t claim to be a NCAA expert.

When I was trying to get a job writing for a radio sports talk show, I tuned in to listen prior to the NCAA tournament. One caller after another knew every player on every team. That is over 1,000 players.

That is when I realized sports dorkism exists on a level I could not comprehend.

But I can tell you this: when the discussions about the NCAA tournament in bars and on radio shows begins to focus on how well the tournament favorite, in this case, Kentucky, would do in the NBA?


It is not a good sign for the rest of the opposition.