Saturday, September 14, 2013



These pictures are like a trip to the psychiatrist for me. It is the entrance to Riverview Park in North Chicago circa early 1960's and the Village Toy Shop in Winnetka. 

We moved to Winnetka from Louisville when I was three and I was terrified. On about my 5th birthday, my parents threw me a birthday party complete with many presents from the Village Toy Shop wrapped with those awesome little balloons on white.

Just when it couldn't get better, after the presents and the vanilla cake, a shiny red fire truck pulls up in front of our house. We all pile in and go for a ride. At the time I thought the ride in the firetruck was enough. No, it dropped us off at Riverside Park and we rode rides the whole day.

On the dark side of the psychiatrist's couch, I got seperated from my Mom at this gate and was abondoned with strangers for what seemed like many terrifying hours. (It was probably ten minutes)