Monday, February 04, 2008

Since you asked:

What impressed me about this Super Bowl was that, except for die-hard New England fans, everyone was pretty happy. And with three recent rings, it is hard to feel too bad for the die-hard P-Riots fans.

A lot of my fellow San Diegans tried to turn themselves into Eli player-haters because he snubbed us so rudely and snotty during the draft. But the Chargers got Rivers and Merriman and Keading out of it, so I don’t harbor any ill will towards Jimmy Christ.

And it isn’t like the Patriots played a bad game because they didn’t. The Giants’ D just didn’t let them score and Eli came through like a stud in the clutch. But I think the best part about the game, as I am not a big Belichick admirer, (yes, I know he is a great coach, but I think he is a major douche-bag in the class department) and Belichick simply got out-coached. (Have you ever seen Belichick try to smile? He looks like he is undergoing a thorough prostate exam)

And I am happy for New York. As sports towns go, especially for a big city, they truly live and die with the success of their teams. Let me tell you from experience, living in New York got a whole lot more fun last night. It is a fun town to be in when the Giants win, especially a Super Bowl.

Just to give you an indication the weight the Super Bowl has and how bad it is to lose the Super Bowl: an 18 and 1 season is now and forever going to be considered a total waste and disappointment by both the New England fans and the media in general as well as history. That is pretty rough, but that is the way it is.

The San Diego Chargers had a good season. Most of the big time fans I know are happy if not a little worried about the diva attitude of LaDanian Tomlinson. If the Chargers had beaten New England and lost to the Giants it would have been remembered as rough season as it was for me and my Bears last year.

My problem with the New England Patriots is that nobody on the planet grew up in New England because there is no such place. You could have been born and raised in Foxboro, where the stadium is, and you still can’t say you come from New England. Nobody comes from New England. It’s a vague territorial nickname like the Bible Belt or the Midwest. Why not change their name back to the original Boston Patriots? (Then we could call them the Bo P-Riots) The Giants and the Jets both play in New Jersey but they aren’t called the Tri-State Giants or the Big Apple Jets.

Come on P-Riots fans, you got nothing better to do until September, get to work on changing the name back.