Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dick Cheney is recovering from a heart transplant operation; doctors say he should be up and shooting his friends in the face in no time.

Tiger Woods won the Arnold Palmer Invitational, his first win since 2009; it is great to see Tiger on top of something besides a Hooter’s cocktail waitress.

At a red carpet Hollywood event, somebody dumped white powder on Kim Kardashian; they think it was flour, but Lindsay Lohan snorted it all up before they could find out.

First they told Tim Tebow he was traded to the New York Jets, then they said the deal was off, now they told him he is with the Jets; they totally Seacrested the dude.


Since you asked:

For the rest of the day I am calling Wrigley Mookie. We’ve been pretty sad around here due to friends who had a tragedy and Wrigley has sensed that and has picked up his game.

Normally affectionate, Wrigley has turned into a cuddle bunny of epic proportions.

Wrigley is not always a good dog. Nothing major, just barking, digging, chewing.

But he has always been a great friend.


Wrigley truly is a humorous dog. Some dogs are funny, some are not. Kasey was adorable, fun, smart, sweet. But not funny. She was way too serious about getting fed.

Wrigley is just a loveable clown. The other night Virg and I are watching "Worst Chefs" which is wildly entertaining. Have grown to like Bobby Flay and I like Anne Burrell, although she is not as likeable in this format as she is on her show "Secrets of a Restaurant Chef".

I am on the couch multitasking on my laptop and Virg is doing likewise at the counter in the Kitchen. So Wrigley positions himself on the rug where he can see both of us. Virg is at 10:00 o'clock, I am at 2:00, so Wrigley is at six. He looks at me when I make a comment, then looks at Virg.

Suddenly he gets sleepy, so he puts his head down, but he doesn't want to miss any of the stellar conversation. So when Virg talked, he tilted his head to the left and raised his left eyebrow. When I said something, he tilted his head to the right and raised his right eyebrow. Then he started to fall asleep. So when Virg said something, he just opened his left eye. When I said something, his right.

Trust me, it was funny.

Believe me, I know dogs are not people. But they are members of the family. And what more can you say about a family member who cracks you up from the time they wake up to the time they flop down to sleep making an old man grunt noise?