Wednesday, October 12, 2011


The First Dog, Bo, is one formal dog with his tuxedo and spats on him

We just got our funk did, Torn Slatterns and Nugget Ranchers


Two of the big Halloween costumes this year are vampires and Snooki. One is a scary blood-sucking leech, the other is a vampire.

In New Hampshire, a moose got stuck in a pool. Firefighters were able to guide the moose to safety. But is it just me, or does Moose Stuck in a Pool sound like the name of a kinky sex act?

Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashian got remarried on “Ellen.” “Gosh, I just wish I knew so much more about the Kardashians;” said nobody on the planet.

Guess who is going to perform at the halftime of the Super Bowl? Madonna. “This is so exciting;” said a teenage girl in 1985.



Since you asked:
So yesterday, I go for a three mile run with some strides mixed in. Ahead of me I see this older guy – maybe early-sixties, but in great shape and a hard runner – whom I have noticed before due to his religious wearing of these big-ol' University of Oregon-colored bright forest green and yellow trunks.

My first reaction is my old competitive;

“Well, I can’t let this older dude run faster than me, I have to pass him.”

But then I realized who cares? It is a beautiful day, we’re both getting great exercise, I’m 53 and just trying to get fitter, it really doesn’t matter how fast I run anymore. It was a great feeling of maturity, wisdom and contentment.

(By the way, I blew past Grampa Duck-drawers by a whole block in just three blocks)