Monday, September 12, 2005

This just in:

Mike Brown resigned from FEMA. Brown said he wanted to devote more time reacting far too slowly to his family.

Oh, I forgot to tell you:
In all due modesty, I did accomplish one significant feat last weekend: I grilled my best burger ever. Not only best burger I’ve ever grilled, I am certain it is the best burger I’ve ever had.

What is my secret? I treat my hamburgers like they are a cut of steak with special learning needs. Just because a hamburger doesn’t score as well on aptitude tests as a Filet, Strip, ribeye, doesn’t mean we don’t treat it just as well. Garlic powder, fresh pepper, olive oil drizzle, kosher salt and grill high, and make cross marks.

The fact that I put great Tallamouk cheddar cheese on them, bacon, avocado, pickles, lettuce tomatoes, gilled onions, mayo and ketchup doesn’t hurt their cause either. And don’t forget to smoosh down the toasted bun. Knocks all the flavors together.